Winter Event Shoot - Val Thorens, French Alps
My old university club Bath Snowsports invited me to join their annual ski trip to the Alps as their photographer. Conditions were amazing, took a ton of footage and had and amazing time!
This was my first serious video event and I learnt to:
- CHARGE everything, every night - obvious but crucial
- Bring plug extensions and correct foreign adaptors - because of all the charging
- Bring a laptop and hard drives to BACK-UP everything
- In cold conditions like this have at least three sets of spare BATTERIES
- Most importantly - PLAN the shoot before hand and know what shots you need to get!
- Nikon D7000
- GoPro Hero with waterproof casing
- Opteka XL Grip
- Nikon Battery Grip
- Sandisk Extreme Class 10 SDHC cards
- Dakine Mission Photo Backpack