If you’re doing any kind of outdoor sport photography or video you need the right balance of necessary, tough, weather-proof equipment. You’re also limited to what you can hike, climb, ski or snowboard with.
Here’s a top ten list of my recommended equipment from my latest filming project in the Swiss resort of Verbier with Team GB snowboarder Jamie Barrow:
- Camera and backup cameras – 2 x Nikon D7000s, 4 x Contours
- Radios – 2 x Motorola walkie talkies
- Spare batteries and memory cards – Nikon battery grip and Sandisk Extreme SD Cards
- Tripod – Camlink lightweight tripod
- External and Lapel Microphones – Rode StereoMic Pro
- Lenses – Telephoto, prime, fish-eye and kit
- Stabilizer – Glidecam XR 2000
- External Flash – Nissin Di866
- Laptop – Macbook Pro 13″
And to carry it all in? The Dakine Mission Photo Backpack has never let me down!